Saturday, February 26, 2011

The Catalogs keep coming!

I love the spring catalogs.   They have such rich, colorful pictures of vegetables and flowers!  Of course, they are fully mature, probably 4-5 year old plants!  The way I see it, you better be patient in order to get those type of results in your garden...and lucky.  The last couple of years I've had some nasty critters eating away at my tomatoes.  I hate using pesticides....or fungicides for that matter.  I'd be happier if I could just get huge 'maters without using anything besides a good rich compost on them.

Well, now's the time to be planting those seeds.  So, Ladies, START YOUR SEEDS!  (gentlemen too:)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We have plans to start planning a garden *har har*, but this year, at least, we've joined a CSA. From May to October, we'll get a weekly box of goodies from the Small Potatoes Farm in Minburn. :)