Saturday, September 18, 2010

It's Raining

Yeah, it's raining today.  The yard is only partially cleaned up, I still have a couple of areas to cut down garden phlox and pull weeds from.  I guess I'll have to wait a while for things to dry up.  Hopefully there will be some good days that are fairly dry and fairly warm yet.....I have some planting to do, like those around my mail-box and I can't plant in mud!

I know pictures make this blog much better, but this time of year, all you can see are the empty places!  That might give perspective tho, so I'll go snap a few as soon as it stops raining!  Meanwhile, take the time to clean up YOUR garden.  Stuff left on the ground from this years growth can carry forward lots of unwanted insect infestations and fungus.  Don't use the cut down infected growth in your compost pile  (if you have one),  you'll be spreading the spores and insects into your humus.

Take care, and go plant something!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

If I had a garden... oh, but I DO have a bunch of weeds that someone pulled up that I could go burn in the ditch... if it would stop raining... ;)

Grandma's Garden said...

ha ha!

Let me know when you want to have me take a real look at what you want.