Sunday, October 10, 2010

New Plantings

I usually don't like fall much.  It always shows the ending of things.  Trees drop their leaves.  Grass begins to turn brown.  Summer bloomers are dying down and tender plants will die soon.

This year is slightly different.  Although all those things are still happening, I'm planting for next year now.  The perennials I ordered have been delivered and I've planted all of them.  As they begin to dig in and get their roots established, I'm reminded that next year they will perform for me!  Also, I'm planning a new landscape for the back.  The front will have to wait a while, but the back will have a new look.

I have a problem looking "outside the box" for this project.  But cutting down all the spent plants leaves a different landscape and lets me gain a new perspective.  I'm able to "see" some new stuff!  So, look forward to pictures of new things next spring!

I'll talk to you soon, you can be assured I'll keep you updated!

Judie

No comments: